Monday, October 11, 2010

All this in just 90 minutes of sleep...

So, I went to bed around 10:15 tonight, and just woke up about 10 minutes ago from this GEM of a dream...

It started, and I was at work, though not in my actual office. In fact, I was in some sort of outside office. Whatever. Anyway, I was outside a classroom that had all glass walls when two gentlemen came up all sneaky like, one with a clipboard he was writing things on. They were looking very closely at the room and then at me, so I asked them if there was something I could help them with. Man one asked if I knew who owned the room, and I told him that I did. He was insistent that I didn't, so I said, "Well, I manage the room." He didn't believe me, and went on and on about how I couldn't possibly manage it, but I kept insisting that I did, and I was not pleased about their presence. There were kids in the room on some sort of exchange program. I'm not sure what they were doing, but these two men were very interested in that as well. When they finally left, I relayed the story to some coworkers, and they just couldn't believe it. 

Moments later, I was in the car with these same coworkers, and the funny part is, it was my old red Neon, but for some reason, I wasn't driving, one of my coworkers/friends was. And we're driving away from campus and see a guy in a gas mask about to spray us with something. My friend swerves and we all duck and it was all very natural, like something we avoided on a regular basis. My friend turns the car toward a sloping driveway with three possible places for us to enter, deciding the one on the right was appropriate and maneuvering the car so it ended up in the path. It was like entering one of those automated car wash places where you have to get your car in the grooves or it won't go through. Only this took us down into some sort of warehouse that was almost like a flea market, which, FYI, I would never go to in real life. 

The car stopped at the bottom, and we all got out. I'm not clear what was going to happen to the car, but this whole adventure seemed like something we did all the time. So we start wandering through this sea of crap, and I mean crap, and trying to find stuff we want/need. I remember seeing piles of carpets and rugs and then roaming into an area where people had disposed of things like exercise balls and things that bounce. I sat down on an exercise ball that was clearly made for kids, because it had an animal face and feet that would suction to the ground when you sat down. And I was THRILLED at this find! I was laughing like a little kid and bouncing on the ball while my coworker/friend mocked me. I got off the ball and followed my friend to another place, and then I had a Coke in my hand. And on top of my Coke was a purple horse. A small one, but a purple horse nonetheless. And I was possibly even MORE thrilled about that because I kept singing about it. "There's a horse on my Coke! There's a horse on my Coke!" And I was laughing hysterically and so was my friend, and then, I took the lid off my Coke and the horse fell in, and I was so sad. I think I even said, "There's a horse in my Coke." And then I realized it was a koala bear, not a horse. And then I woke up.

How can I possibly go back to sleep now???

2 comments:

  1. LOL! This is just too funny! Do you ever try and look up the meanings of your dreams? Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that every now and then Jenna, just for fun, but usually, there's nothing that even comes CLOSE in those online dream analysis things. And I'm too afraid to ask someone for real because really...I don't need to know that much about the inner workings of my brain. :-)

    ReplyDelete