Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In my dreams, Kate Voegele and I drive through a snowstorm

So I went to see Kate Voegele and Parachute in concert last night and naturally, had a dream involving Kate. I had one about Parachute a few nights ago so I suppose it's only fair for me to involve Kate in my crazy too.

The dream started with Kate and me driving down a highway, which looked suspiciously like Highway 1 between Pacifica and San Francisco. The weather was nice and we were chatting away like old friends, which I'm sure we would be if we'd ever actually met. We're in a fairly small car, and it's packed full of stuff. 

Without warning the road and our surroundings become pitch black, like so black you can't even see our headlights. She's driving at this point (I was driving in the beginning) and seems to have complete control over the car. I'm freaking out a bit because of the darkness but feel like she knows what she's doing so attempt to relax. That's when the car starts sliding on the ice and suddenly we're in a snowstorm, but shortly thereafter we arrive in a small town and pull over by a park.

We get out of the car, and it's sort of cold but no longer snowing, so we wander in and there are several large picnic areas, all covered and all but one empty. The other one is crammed full of people and we find someone outside to ask about the address we're looking for. He tells us we're there, and Kate starts talking to him about where she's supposed to be playing.

He says he'd like to hear something with a drum, and she says she's got a kettle drum. This seems to disappoint him but he moves on. It doesn't appear like he was expecting us but he's glad there's going to be some entertainment. She asks about electricity for my piano but it doesn't look like that's an option but the guy says I should be able to improvise and neither of us know what he means.

We wandered back to the car, confused but ready to play and then another guy shows up (in a black pea coat I might point out ... apparently I have a thing for men in pea coats) and it seems like he's the backup singer. I'm not clear why he wasn't with us but it makes sense for him to be there so we all start to unload the car.

The dream then shifts and the three of us are walking down a hall and an older lady behind us comments about me wearing flip flops and shorts and I turn around and smile then laugh and tell her I'm crazy.

And that was it...woke up a few seconds later shaking my head...thankful I have these kinds of dreams as opposed to nightmares...crazy as they are, they are definitely entertaining...at least to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment