Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When all else fails, chase it with a Roomba

I don't get too many 8-legged creatures in my house. Thank you double pane windows. However, recently, there were two such creatures, and they had to be defeated. On both occasions, I was tired. The last thing I wanted to do was deal with this sort of scene.

One, in my bedroom, jumped from the wall to the floor, then scurried under the bed. Neat. After I climbed back down from the ceiling fan blade I had jumped to when he appeared, I tried to find him. I put on shoes, and attempted to step on him. He was too fast. And my shoes were weak and sad. On prior situations such as this, I have plugged in the big vacuum cleaner, attached the hose, and sucked the evil things up. But that was downstairs. And I was upstairs. My first attempt was to get the hand held vac I use for the stairs. No. Again, he was too fast. Then, I decided to try something new and interesting. I went downstairs and got Roomba (much easier to carry up than the big vac). I turned Roomba on, closed all appropriate doors, and let him chase the creature. It was a sight to behold. But Roomba clearly didn't understand that my mission was not to clean, but to kill. I had to keep redirecting it. It was ridiculous at so many levels, but I was not going to be defeated. Finally, the creature went into the hall and Roomba had a direct shot.

Roomba 1, 8-legged creature DEAD


Creature number two appeared in my living room and was clearly after my Chipotle chips. I could tell this from across the room. They're good. Who/What wouldn't want some? I spied the creature approaching and swiftly moved from couch to kitchen where I retrieved Roomba. When I returned, the creature was gone. Nowhere to be found. Clearly, he'd heard of the antics upstairs and wanted no part of Roomba's power.

Roomba 2, 8-legged creature BUH-BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment