Thursday, January 20, 2011

In my dreams, I get on the wrong train and eat pie...

So in this dream, a friend and I were in Philadelphia and we were heading to a concert. We were walking into the train station, and I walked through the normal entry but he decided to be "cool" and run up a ramp and bypass the line. It was pretty clear in the dream that this was something he did on a regular basis. I rolled my eyes as he ran by then got my ticket and started walking toward the train. Meanwhile, he got on the train and it started to pull away. He was standing there looking for me and I caught his eye and waved as he pulled away. I was irritated.

I got to the train, which looked very different than the train he'd just gotten on and before I realized it, I was on it but trying to get off because it was clearly the wrong train. But I was too late. So, there I was, on the wrong train, irritated with my friend and unsure where I was headed. I figured I'd just get off at the next stop, get back on another train going the other direction then figure out how to get back to where I was supposed to be going.

A minute later this open air train was soaring over water and I almost fell off. I realized I had to hang on a little more carefully as we flew. Yes. The train was flying. And it was beautiful. There was a river and lots of trees, but I still needed to get off.

When we pulled to a stop, back on the ground and in front of a little shopping center in the middle of the countryside, I asked the conductor when another train would be by going the other direction. He said it would be 10 minutes or so. So I got off and looked around for where the stop was on the other side of the road. When I turned around the train was gone and I was standing in front of a restaurant that looked much like an Armadillo Willy's. I was hungry but wasn't sure how much time I had, so I decided to get French fries and a Coke, but when I got to the counter, they talked me into getting pie. Apparently it was only a dollar. As the guy was putting the pie on my plate, I woke up.

And frankly, now I just want pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment