Saturday, January 15, 2011

In my dreams I push little kids...

It's no secret to anyone that knows me that I'm not really a kid person. I don't have any. I don't want any. And I'm just as happy to go about my life without being involved with any. There are a few I like, kids of friends, but these are rare and exceptional children. No thank you, I don't need to hold the baby. Just not my thing. I couldn't be happier for my friends with kids. Truly. It's just not my thing. I never had one of those biological clocks, so I guess it's no surprise that I would push a child in my dream. Please understand that I have never and would never do this in real life. Never.

In this dream I was in Canada. This is already crazy because I've never been to Canada and have no plans of visiting. Lately all I do is despise Canada because of its dirty hockey teams, but that's really a separate issue. Anyway...I was in Canada in some boutique in what may have been a hotel. I was with friends, but they left and I wandered through the store and found a bathroom. Apparently I couldn't wait to get back to my hotel room. 

The bathroom was tucked away in a corner and its door was a plush velvet curtain, attached by a magnet of some sort. I was a little leary about it, but went in nonetheless. I set my keys on a small stool inside and proceeded to, well, you know, go to the bathroom. 

As I was sitting there, a woman, a grandmotherly type, pulled the curtain open, and I was like, "I'll be just a minute!" and pulled the curtain closed. Mortifying. A second later, the woman is opening the curtain again and sitting down on the stool! What?!?! And then the child she was with practically jumps into the bathroom and I just pushed her down. Seriously. Pushed her and yelled at her that she had to wait. The grandmother meanwhile didn't even flinch. 

I woke up about a second after that, probably because I actually had to go to the bathroom, but probably a little due to the shock that people were encroaching on my space and that I pushed a child to the ground. 

I'm not terribly worried about the deep psychological meaning behind this dream, but you can bet I'll never go to a bathroom that's secured by just a curtain ever in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment