Saturday, July 16, 2011

In my dreams, I get nothing signed by Matt Nathanson...

It's been a long time since Matt Nathanson graced the corners of my dreams, but I just woke up from a short snippet that was entertaining enough to share.

I was at some sort of event...no idea what...and remember standing in line to get my parking validated. When I got to the front I turned my parking ticket over and stuck a validation sticker on the back then handed it to the checkout lady. She looks it over and tells me it's going to be $2.50. I hand her a five-dollar bill and she hands me back $11.50. I'm like, "you gave me too much," and hand her back one of the five-dollar bills thinking at first that she'd given me a five and two ones. She giggles and thanks me, then I realize the other bill is a five and hand it back and ask her for a one. She's clearly confused and takes the five then hands me a ten, and this goes on for another few seconds until I get the right change. Crazy.

The dream then shifts and I'm standing in line waiting for Matt to sign something, but it's not like I was at a concert; it's more like he's at a street fair and people are getting things signed. Very strange. So there are two people in front of me - and really they were more to the side of me - and I'm totally eavesdropping on their conversations with Matt. He's sitting at a desk like you'd see in grade school, where it's connected to the chair, and he's got a large poster board in front of him that he's writing on. And it's almost like he's drawing a caricature and not really signing things at all. The woman he's talking to at first is leaning in and he draws a cartoon bubble like he's going to write dialogue in it. And he's saying something about President Bush and they laugh, but he doesn't actually write anything and then she leaves. Then a man starts talking to him, and he's just prattling on and on about nothing and it's very clear that Matt wants to leave and be free of him, but he's listening and trying to be nice and then I start to doodle on a corner of the paper and draw my own cartoon bubbles that look more like fuzzy circles, and this guy can't finish his thoughts and Matt is going crazy. Eventually, Matt says he has to go and that he'll be back the next day, and then he just packs it up and leaves.

What?

No comments:

Post a Comment