Tuesday, June 30, 2009

McDonald's auto drink filler is not yay

I can no longer go to the drive through at the McDonald's by my office due to the lameness of the automated drink filler - or maybe it's the lameness of the employees working the window. Whichever. Our relationship is over. I can only go in now.

In theory, the auto drink filler should be a good idea. And for people who don't like ice, maybe it is. But for those of us that want extra ice? Oh no. It just doesn't work. Because either the machine has no button for extra ice, or people don't know how to actually pour soda out and manually put extra ice in. Apparently, it's really hard. Because on my last adventure, when I said (to the person, not the machine), "I wanted extra ice in the Coke please." She said, "I can't do that." ...and then muttered something about the machine. Um, yeah...okay. "Could I get an extra cup of ice then please?" Apparently, "the machine" could handle that.

So now, I go in. And get my own ice.

Automated Drink Filler and Drive Through Personnel? You fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment