Sunday, September 19, 2010

In my dreams, I get fired and throw gravel at people

I wholly disapprove of the dream I just woke up from...there really are no words...

Number one - I was fired and went to work at Fresno State on a temporary basis. Thank goodness I actually knew people there or I might have been screwed. But it appeared I was working in some sort of secret job, where maybe I was investigating something. As we toured around campus, which looked suspiciously like a wild animal park, we saw seals and walruses and even a giraffe. Yeah. Okay. Then I sat down at a desk and the gal I was working with asked me to call a restaurant and get some information, so I did. And it was fine, and very bizarre. 

Number two - The person who fired me was still my friend, and we were hanging out at someone's house, but he was better friends with someone else, and it was completely awkward and awful...like I was being pushed out. We were sitting on the couch and this other person was sitting between us, and they were talking quietly so I could hear just enough, but then they'd stop when they realized I could hear them. Apparently in this dream we were actually in junior high...goodness.

Number three - This same former boss/friend and I were then touring the house and lamenting how crowded it was and making suggestions about how we would change it. I remember that the kitchen counter actually had two sets of stove burners, and I suggested they should get a cover for one if they weren't going to remove it, because it was taking up a lot of counter space. Apparently in this dream I was also an interior designer? Whatever. Moments later we were standing at the fridge in this house (still not sure who owned the house) and he got very excited by some ice cream in the freezer, then yelled for some teenage kid who came and indulged in the ice cream too. No idea who owned the kid either.

Number four - I was walking on a gravel path with this same person, and he was talking to someone else about how awkward it was since he'd had to fire me, and I got really mad and picked up a handful of gravel and threw it. At people. People who weren't even involved but just happened to be walking by. I tried to apologize to one of the men it hit, and naturally, he was really angry. I started to apologize to the other man, but my former boss/friend pulled me back and told me to not say any more.

And then I woke up.

Apparently, in my subconscious, I'm afraid I'm going to get fired, have to go work in a zoo in Fresno and will lose my friend and become an angry gravel-thrower. Wow. This is not good information.

No comments:

Post a Comment