Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Now back to me...

I just posted a dream from a friend of mine that I've been meaning to post for days. Apparently my own dreams got jealous of my friends and decided to get crazier than usual last night. I'm not even sure I can accurately describe everything, but trust me, it was nutty.

In my dream, I was chatting with a good friend whose name I won't mention - protecting the innocent, all that - and she tells me that the extra fat I see is the good kind, like, she's intimating that she's pregnant. I don't really say much, but then she says she's okay with it because she's engaged and it's all okay. I seem to be annoyed by this and am likely about to tell her that when suddenly, I'm in a courtroom.

I'm not exactly clear what's happening in this courtroom because I'm not there long, but there was definitely some sort of trial going on. I'm not clear if I was on trial or if I was a lawyer or just some crazy passerby. But moments later, I was on a road.

And as I was driving down this road, people were stopping and plugging in their Apple products - I know this because all the plugs were small, square and white. I see some people from church that I haven't seen in months, and they are going on and on about how great it is that the State of California installed all these power things along the road. I start looking at it to determine if it's solar, but I can't figure it out and don't really understand why they are literally every 5-8 feet. So I get back in my car and continue on my way. And apparently, I was on my way to Rome. I had no idea it was so close to the US!

So I'm driving and I appear to be just driving over some hills. There's no actual road, although I see a road in the distance. I definitely have a mission, and as I look at a map, I see that I'm near the Trevvi Fountain. Yes, I realize the actual spelling is Trevi, but in my dream, it had two v's. So, I start looking for the sign for this fountain, and sure enough, I pass it, and it's down this tiny little dirt road, and not that I've ever been to the real Trevi Fountain, but trust me when I say, this wasn't it. Though there are all kinds of people looking around what appears to be a giant cement well. And naturally, I run into my friend Tasha and her son and another child that I have no idea who is. She proceeds to tell me this other child is a bit of a nightmare to travel with. So we wander around, and there are also folding chairs so people can sit, and then someone gets up to talk, maybe to extol the value of the fountain. She's wearing a red robe, much like a priest might wear, though I'm certain she wasn't a priest. She's starts talking, then it's really a man talking, and three more people get up behind him in white robes, as though they're going to sing. I even make a comment about them being angels.

Moments later I'm looking around for something and, oh yes, my good friends Booth and Bones are there. And clearly something's happened, and we're trying to figure out what. So Bones sneaks into a building that just happened to appear, and she's breaking open bars of chocolate and finds something hidden in one.

And then, I'm standing in front of WVU men's basketball coach Bob Huggins. Because, you know, that's how all crazy dreams should end.

No comments:

Post a Comment