Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In my dreams, I hang with Green Day and visit Fresno to learn about sharks

Okay...I must be excited about seeing Green Day on Saturday because I just woke up from yet another dream where I was just hanging out with them. (Read about prior dream here.)

Anyway...so, in this dream there was a fairly large group of people hanging outside a huge house - just assuming that it was one of the Green Day boys' estates...but it appeared to be in a mountainous area...lots of land...and we were all in a circle of lawn chairs outside...it was evening and the stars were shining. It was actually quite beautiful. I didn't really know anyone else that was there and was actually sort of sitting toward the back of the event, but then the crowd thinned and there were just a few of us and suddenly, a set of lights went on above that were sort of like fire. And they started to spark, and Billie Joe came up to me and said I might want to move because the wind was shifting and I could get burned by the sparks. So I got up and moved to another part of the yard to sit. That's when I saw the governator (a.k.a. Arnold Schwarzenneger) smoking a huge cigar. He took a big puff and passed it to someone else who passed it to me, and I was rightly disgusted and passed it right back. Gross. 

And then, I was at Fresno State - where I happen to be headed for a day next week. And the folks I'm headed to see were in this dream, but in real life, I'm headed there to talk about software. In my dream, I was there to talk about sharks. No, not San Jose Sharks, real sharks. Because apparently my coworkers/friends at Fresno State study sharks. WHAT?! And they had real sharks there for us to take a look at. Yeah. Awesome.

Apparently that wasn't quite interesting enough though and moments later, I was visiting friends in Chicago who had gotten married the weekend before - they actually got married earlier this summer in reality. And I'm not exactly clear what we were doing, but they decided to check into a hotel to celebrate their one week anniversary, and I was left standing there by myself wondering what had just happened.

And then, thankfully, I woke up. My brain is seriously cracked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment