Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trains, Popcorn and a Stolen Laptop

So apparently, when you're traveling by train through the small towns of Wyoming, you can go through a drive-thru where you can by movie popcorn. Oh yeah. Awesome. At least in my dream it was. But then it got all crazy - because of course, drive-thru movie popcorn is in no way crazy. Because we were on a train, and there were strange random characters roaming about, but then we were in a car. And when we exited the drive-thru, we were on foot. And there were four ways to go but I couldn't figure it out, and my friend who was with me just made her own way and didn't talk to me about it. The four ways to go were based on letters, but I wasn't sure what the letters were for or why we would choose one over the other. But I gotta say, I love the idea that you can buy movie popcorn at a drive-thru.

Apparently at some points on said train trip, you can also lay down on benches and talk to people who will tell you where on the train ride you will be the most lonely. You will also see friends you haven't seen or heard from in years that are suddenly taking the same journey as you.


Prior to being on my own personal crazy train, I was driving through a parking lot at a university - not the one where I currently work mind you, nor one that I've ever worked at, but I was in a huge parking lot where cars were coming and going, and I passed up one space because it was far away from where I was going, but then I never parked the car. The dream just evolved into this whole train thing.

This was all after waking up from a horrible dream where someone stole my laptop from the trunk of my car, but I saw him do it and ran out of the building screaming at him. Mind you, I'd left the trunk of the car open when I went into a building to take someone some mugs, and I was watching, but also distracted by writing notes about the mugs and who they were for. And when I saw the guy walking toward the car, I ran out of the building and down some stairs. And I was screaming so much that I scared him so he gave it back to me. And then I gave him a lecture about how it really wasn't that expensive to just go and buy his own laptop, and he was seriously scared of me and walked with me back to my car where I put the laptop back in and closed the trunk, but then I was afraid he might have a gun and woke myself up. And now my throat hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Dreams are so bizarro!! You were most definitely aboard the Crazy Train.

    ReplyDelete